Industrial Brothers is currently looking for enthusiastic Offline Editor to join the team for our CG Animated Series, Remy and Boo.
As an Offline Editor, you’ll be responsible for the rough-cut stage of video editing using Avid. You’ll need to evaluate scenes for errors, provide well-paced rough-cuts in a timely manner and conduct editing sessions with key creatives. You’ll also need to create screener Quick Times for broadcasters, and be able to organize and track project media, bins and sequence revisions. Aside from having an objective view of the editing process, strong communication skills are essential as you’ll be working closely with the Director.
- Set and maintain pacing style and final timing of the series
- Ensure the production database (using Shotgun) is updated with current progress
- Ensure that scenes cut into the sequence are correct in terms of version
- Preparing sequence edits for client approval when required
- Organize and run the dailies session
- Aiding in any pipeline/development issues that surround outsource
- To collaborate with the Director/Production Team to explore and develop the visual story of the television series.
- To listen to the director’s verbal description/launch of sequences and shots and realize character action /pacing/mood/cinematography via editing.
- To create a ‘rough cut’ of the episode and determine the exact cutting for the next and final stages.
- To manage and oversee his/her team to ensure all CG departments, from pre-viz to layout, animation, and lighting/compositing, are supported
- To work in adherence to budget and schedule constraints while maintaining continuity within the story, cinematography, aesthetics, and mood.
- Several years of experience working in an Editorial Department on a CG series.
- Demonstrate proficiency in editing using Premiere and Avid.
- A firm understanding of the animation process, workflow, and terminology.
- Possess an understanding of film and HD video formats, files, frame rates, and resolutions.
- File encoding/transcoding experience, exhibiting a sound understanding of video codecs and file formats.
- Have basic Photoshop skills.
- Expert level understanding of the animation/ leica editing workflow.
- Solid working knowledge of programs used in Comp/FX; After Effects/ Photoshop.
- Solid sense of timing principles (comedic, cinematic, storytelling) to create appropriate pace, build tension, etc.
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational/time management skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work independently.
All crew must have at least 2-5 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to email@example.com
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.