Industrial Brothers is looking for a DIRECTOR or ASSISTANT DIRECTOR to provide a strong creative vision and lead a team of artists on an exciting new 3D mini-series for one of our largest clients.
Working closely with the Creator, Producer and Client, the Director or Assistant Director will be responsible for transforming a vision into an animated production. They will play a critical role in the success of the production, and will guide, supervise and review the work produced by the team ensuring the style and vision of the show is achieved.
- Oversee and lead all creative departments of the production including: Scripts, Design, Storyboards, Animation and Post Production.
- Work with Production on breaking down storyboards/leicas and meeting/maintaining production assumptions.
- Provide clear and creative solutions to maintaining assumptions to our clients.
- Understanding and maintaining the client vision within budgetary goals.
- Review all stages of production and inspire artists with objective notes that will increase quality of the show and the artist themselves.
- Maintain production schedules.
- Understand and navigate tracking software to grasp the overall large-scale production progress.
- Must have a good mix of aesthetic sensibilities and technical experience in 3D animated series production.
- Understand and work with a team of individuals who all need differing and varying feedback, praise and communication to thrive.
- Work closely with the tech team to make sure creative ideas are technically plausible and within budget.
- Find efficiencies.
- Problem solve production, technical and artistic issues with the supervising team and client.
- Work closely with the network, creator and partners to realize their vision.
- Ensure the high quality of the series is maintained and inspire all team leads to set the bar for production quality
- 5+ years of experience as a CG Director or Assistant Director.
- Experience in age 7+ action comedy is a plus
- Strong understanding of 3D animation techniques and CG production pipeline (USD pipeline experience an asset)
- Understanding of cinematic camera techniques.
- Knowledge of computer software being used throughout the pipeline.
- Well-developed drawing, animation & comedic timing and composition skills.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to manage a team effectively.
- Positive attitude is a MUST.
- Strong storytelling, humour, and communication abilities
- Able to visually communicate ideas through design and storyboard
- Portfolio or reel to showcase direction abilities
** Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
How to Apply
Industrial Brothers is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume by end of day on Wednesday, April 8th, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Director in the subject line of your email
*No phone calls please.