Industrial Brothers is looking for an FX LEAD with experience creating dynamic digital visual effects for our exciting new production. You will be able to step into our environment and will come ready-equipped with the experience and tenacity to concept stunning FX, champion quality, and continuously seek opportunities to inspire, realize, and improve visuals. You are both an outstanding FX Artist and a great leader – a veteran who possesses a strong understanding of FX fundamentals, a great production sense and the creative & technical prowess to create beautiful FX. Someone with care and empathy for the team, whose goal is to empower others and support and drive the team to achieve their best work.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to motivate and lead
- Excel in a fast-paced production environment
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to produce the highest possible quality effects within our production schedule
- Trained artistic sense, an eye for detail and good sense of timing
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience working in the animation or film industry
- 1+ years’ experience in leadership and/or people management
- Degree in computer animation
- Demonstrated knowledge of Houdini FX, Maya and Redshift
- Working knowledge and understanding of 3D lighting and compositing
- Understanding of lighting, particle effects, animation principles and techniques
- Knowledge of Python, working knowledge of 2D FX and working on children’s TV are all a big plus
- A strong creative portfolio
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume and samples of your work to email address firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line, please include the name of the position you are applying for.
No phone calls please. Due to high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.