Industrial Brothers is looking for an experienced Production Manager for a Maternity Leave Contract. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Producer with all aspects of our 3D series Dino Ranch. This role reports directly to the Producer.
Start date – Mar 1st, 2021
The Production Manager supports the Producer in keeping the entire project on track from pre-production to final delivery. Creates and updates schedules and timelines for every stage of the process. Works closely with the artistic leads and Coordinators to determine quotas, analyze departmental progress, and shift resources according to the project’s needs. Generates weekly reports for the Producer to keep them apprised of the production status. The production manager is also responsible for providing extensive support and guidance to more junior team members to ensure a smooth and successful production.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Producer in coordinating the efforts of a team of production staff and artists, starting in pre-production through the delivery of the final project
- Supervise and mentor Production Coordinators, and create opportunities for promotion and career development
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage day-to-day collaboration among the crew.
- Prepare and plan regularly scheduled production meetings and client calls.
- Organize, attend, and prepare detailed notes for production meetings across the departments.
- Oversee that the production stays on schedule and communicates concerns to the producer.
- Design, implement and monitor micro-schedules across all departments.
- Track production progress daily and generate progress reports for Artists, Supervisors and Producers.
- Look ahead to ensure that we will meet weekly quotas, department milestones and inventory expectations.
- Coordinate and track the delivery of materials, notes, and deliverables across several departments.
- Contribute strategic problem-solving ideas
- Perform frequent check-in with the crew, and ensure resolution of any issues that arise
- Assist in anticipating internal staffing requirements
- Help to establish priorities and communicate information to the production staff.
- Maintain a solid understanding of how changes may affect the budget, scheduling and overtime
- Strategize with Producer on how to resolve any complexity overages
- Evaluate workload to ensure that quotas are realistic and achievable
- Keep track of overall inventory and help to ensure that quotas are met.
- Attend Director approvals and assist in driving meetings when required
- Act as Producer representative on the production floor as needed
- Report each department’s progress and discuss solutions to any issues impeding each department
- Act as a champion of the project to crew, with a positive, approachable attitude, capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of new hires
- Maintain crew, contact, and credit lists
- Minimum two years experience in Production Manager/ Junior Producer role
- Solid understanding of CG Animation
- Experience in asset management software Shotgun is preferred.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Google Docs
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with the confidence to interact with all levels of employees and clients
- Superior organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and to manage conflicting interests
- Availability to work flexible hours on occasion to meet challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a positive, upbeat and professional attitude, and contribute to the collaborative, respectful and constructive culture of our studio
All crew must have at least 2-5 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.