Storyboard Artist (Remote – Freelance)
Start Date: ASAP
Industrial Brothers is seeking an experienced Storyboard Artist for one of our exciting preschool series “Dino Ranch”. We are looking for accountable artists, who are also team players. The Storyboard Artist will work closely with the Series Director and Assistant Director. This is a work from home position using Storyboard Pro.
- Collaborate with the Director and Assistant Director to create high-quality, dynamic storyboards
- Communicate ideas effectively and recommend solutions to help interpret the script visually
- Deliver storyboards with attention to clarity, comedy, acting/performance, and cinematic storytelling (composition, camera)
- Use knowledge of traditional animation to ensure that posing, staging, and cutting is both dynamic and producible
- Pitch storyboards to the creative teams to convey the story
- Produce storyboard panels for a specific sequence/ episode as outlined by the production schedule and deliver on-time
- Follow instructions as per the notes and discussions at each stage of the storyboard process
- Communicate progress of work to production team
- Ensure quality and style of the show is consistently achieved throughout the storyboard
- Must be comfortable drawing in a loose gestural style in order to meet all deadlines, while still maintaining quality standards and clear storytelling
- Minimum 2 years of proven storyboard experience for production level series animation is required (3D series storyboard experience preferred)
- Understanding of 3D pipeline
- Excellent drawing and composition skills, sense of design and character
- A fresh, creative and collaborative attitude towards storytelling
- Solid knowledge of story, including, acting, dialogue, and use of camera
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Must work digitally
- Must excel in Photoshop and Storyboard Pro
- Strong problem solving skills
All animation crew must have at least 2 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.