Industrial Brothers is looking for a Storyboard Supervisor to join us on our new CG Animated, action-adventure series for Netflix! In this role, you are creative, comedic, and open to new ways of doing 3D Storyboards, merging 3D and storyboards together for TV production.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen.
- Lead, mentor and motivate the team of Storyboard Artists.
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance to team, while collaborating to generate ideas
- Work closely with the director to implement the style and objective of storyboards.
- Maintain the quality and continuity of drawings.
- Review and supervise storyboard breakdowns and make revisions as needed.
- Manage timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Establish and define process and workflow for the board team
- Lead the team in translating the script into visuals – this will be done through a combination of fully drawn sequences and utilizing some established CG elements such as sets where characters are drawn over top
- Ensure the storytelling is hitting the right notes; that the emphatic moments have emphasis, there is intensity where needed, the jokes are funny and the story pays off in the end
- Annotate scripts thoroughly and direct the storyboarding team throughout the boarding of an episode; communicate ideas effectively and recommend solutions to help interpret the script visually
- Consult with series director as to the feasibility of action in the script and suggest creative solutions that will maintain the vision of the series
- Approve the final storyboard panels and be aware of the show continuity
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues
- Assist Director with / or create comprehensive script notes (technical and reuse notes) for storyboard hand-outs for remote artists.
- Review and do revisions for storyboards during animatic process to ensure continuity and hook-ups.
- Responsible for launching revisions and approving revisions for animatic assemblies
- Trouble shoots storyboards that are not up to the creative and technical standards of the series.
- Re-boarding segments or taking on pages of late storyboards in order to stay within the production schedule
- Experience as a Storyboard Supervisor (or in a similar leadership role).
- Experience working as a storyboard artist on an animated productions (high action shows a plus)
- Excellent drawing and composition skills.
- Strong knowledge of cinematography and staging.
- Strong knowledge Storyboard Pro
- Proven and Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open to direction
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production
- Ability to analyze script pages and tell a story through drawings.
- Experience working in CG (live action or 3D) essential
- Comedy / Action style of drawings
- Leadership and critical thinking
- Having experience drawing boards over top of CG is a bonus
How to Apply
Industrial Brothers is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and reel to: email@example.com
*Please include Producer in the subject line of your email
*No phone calls please.