Start date: asap
Industrial Brothers is looking for Technical Animators who will be responsible for all technical animation, modeling and rigging issues related to a project You will also be in charge of supporting the animation and rigging team on the technical side.
- Work closely with and support the Animation team to define, and maintain the animation pipeline and workflow
- Working closely with the Rigging department to test rigs.
- Create or modify specific tools and/or scripts to improve the speed and efficiency of the Animation team.
- Support and offer guidance to more junior artists, give face-to-face technical help to all animation staff, communicating well, and having a positive attitude
- Be the first line of defence for the animation team when a technical problem arises
- Fix Intersections using pose deformer tools
- Animate hair or cloth using Pre- rigged dynamics
- Pulling/Compiling the pose library and developing permanent pose space deformers that allow animation to achieve specific target shapes.
- Support Layout/Set dressing when needed
- Help in animation when additional quota is required to help with schedule.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical position.
- Problem-solving skills- think analytically to identify problems and come up with creative and efficient solutions, find ways to overcome obstacles and deliver the project
- Knowledge of all parts of animation pipelines: have a strong understanding of all jobs within a pipeline, what these involve, the needs and challenges of the roles
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and visually.
- Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Proficiency in Maya.
- Knowledge in animation, artistic eye.
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
- Experience with studio library is preferred
- Experience with Vetala is preferred.
- Python and tool building skills preferred.
All animation crew must have at least 3 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.