Industrial Brothers is looking for Technical Directors of all levels to create and support pipeline and artist tools for series animation production. The work environment is friendly, fast-paced, and nimble. It is an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing studios in Toronto and to be involved in a leading edge pipeline based on Pixar’s Universal Scene Description open source technology and SideFX Houdini’s new Solaris context and tools.
- Reports to Head of Pipeline.
- Research, design, develop, and test proprietary tools and pipeline libraries used for series animation production.
- Work with artists to provide tools and technical support to solve ongoing production issues.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure production and pipeline requirements are met.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and an aptitude for being a strong team player.
- Ability to think critically, diagnose, and solve problems on your own and collaboratively.
- Strong coding skills in Python, with minimum 2 years writing Python scripts.
- Minimum 1 year experience delivering PyQt or PySide based tools.
- Experience in team software development environments using Git for source code version control.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in Autodesk Maya software.
- Ability to write clear, accurate, and concise documentation.
- Strong software testing skills and ability to run comprehensive testing with artist users.
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident who has lived in Ontario since Dec. 31, 2017.
- Understanding of 3D animation workflows and pipelines.
- Experience with Pixar’s USD open source software.
- Experience using Houdini’s new Solaris context and lighting and surfacing tools.
- Experience developing software using C++ and working with make/cmake build environments.
- Comfortable with (or willing to learn) other major animation industry DCCs such as: Houdini, Fusion, Nuke, Mari, etc.
- Experience with one or more of the following renderers: VRay, Redshift, Arnold … or experience with another major industry renderer (e.g. Renderman).
- Shotgun and Shotgun API experience.
- Experience with Deadline render management software or equivalent.
- Functional knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mongo, etc.).
- Comfortable with both Windows and Linux/Unix environments.
All crew must have at least 2-5 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.