CG Designers are required to design for Storyboards and the Series while working within the show’s style.
- Working closely with the Art Director and Series Director to create engaging, performable designs
- Translate asset descriptions from scripts to produce quick sketches for props, characters and environments in the pre-production phase
- Create designs while maintaining the established style of the show as per requirements of the production
- Create texture callouts for the Surfacing team
- Create concept art for the lighting and compositing team to follow
- Strong understanding of Photoshop
- Strong drawing ability and a sense of design for CG
- A Solid grasp of composition, colour theory, layout and design.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- A positive attitude and dedication to the success of the project
- Capable of taking direction and working collaboratively within a team
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Working knowledge of Maya is an asset
- Experience designing for a CG Project is an asset
- Must be an Ontario Resident with Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
All crew must have at least 2-5 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.