Industrial Brothers is looking for a Previs and Layout Lead for a brand new Preschool Show! We are a highly creative studio that focuses on Intellectual Property.
The Previs and Layout Lead, under the direction of the Director, will plan activities of the Previs and Layout Teams and assure production deadlines are met. This role will also review and edit artists’ works before it gets published into the next department. The Previs and Layout Lead must have great knowledge of film language, composition, storytelling, CG pipelines in Maya, and three years of experience in a management role and five years of experience in the Animation industry.
- Plan activities of Previs and Layout teams, and assure production deadlines are met
- Review and communicate edits in shots and/or sequences
- Confer with artists regarding revisions to shots and/or sequences
- Manage day-to-day requests from other departments
- Plan coverage of upcoming events and assign work accordingly
- Build relationships with Director and CG Supervisor, and identify opportunities to proactively pitch ideas for better storytelling, composition, or pipeline
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Previs and Layout workflow, and make any necessary changes to make it more efficient if needed
- Strategically plan, direct, and evaluate the work of all artists within the Previs and Layout Departments
- Give feedback to each artist regarding their performance
- Participate in the hiring process for the Previs and Layout departments
- College Diploma or equivalent in 3D Computer Graphics or Animation
- Three years of experience in a management role and five years of experience in the Animation industry
- Strong understanding of Storytelling, Composition and film language
- Knowledge of layout, and design principles
- Thorough knowledge of the CG Pipeline
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Working Knowledge of Shotgun
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication with strong writing and editorial abilities
- Ability to plan, organize, and effectively present ideas and concepts
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
- Strong formal and informal leadership skills
All crew must have at least 2-5 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to email@example.com
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.