Industrial Brothers is looking for a Lead CG Rigger for our new show Remy and Boo. Candidates will be responsible for a small team of CG Riggers, and will become the main point-person in communicating with the CG Supervisor, Director, Animation Supervisor, and the Production Team.
- Rig 3D assets to support the show, including characters, props, and sets
- Design the control mechanisms that are intuitive for animation
- Stay up to date on new tools for rigging in animation
- Complete and deliver work on schedule
- Work collaboratively with various department leads, including Modeling, Surfacing and Animation
- Work closely with the CG Supervisor to ensure that all rigged assets meet the requirements of the show
- Manage and lead a small team of rigging artists
- Communicate production concerns that may deter from the schedule
- Attend and participate in various meetings where rigging is involved
- Assist with the creation of documentation, standards and conventions for all shading artists and outsource studios
- Minimum 5 years of Rigging experience in multiple CG projects
- Proficient in Maya rigging
- Knowledge of Python Scripting
- Strong modelling abilities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good understanding of anatomy
- Understanding of animation principles
- Automation knowledge in MEL or Python is an asset
- Knowledge of Maya shader networks and UV placement is helpful
All crew must have at least 2-5 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resumes & samples of work with the position in the subject line to email@example.com
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.