Character / Shot Finaling Artist
Industrial Brothers is looking for Character and Shot finaling artists to join us on our new CG Animated, age 7+, action-adventure series for Netflix.
The Character and Shot Finaler applies several techniques including but not limited to hair and cloth simulation, sculpting, final camera polishing, and set dressing to enhance character animation and better the shot composition on a high-end 3D animated series.
- Collaborate in the design, development, and implementation of techniques and systems that simulate hair and cloth, and integrate them into the production pipeline.
- Work closely with the rigging team to ensure that rigged characters are prepared for hair and cloth simulations.
- Simulate characters’ hair and cloth in the shots.
- Create permanent pose deformers that allow animation to achieve specific target shapes.
- Fix undesirable shapes and artifacts in shots coming out of animation.
- Set dress the shots using existing props to enhance the composition of the shots.
- Make final camera adjustments as needed.
- Responsible for doing the final technical check before publishing the shots for lighting.
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
- Strong knowledge of Maya is a must.
- 2+ years of high-end CG animation production experience
- Excellent creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Good artistic skills and an eye for natural motion in humans and animals.
- Knowledge of nhair, nhair, and Houdini’s grooming and hair simulation tools is preferred.
- Experience creating pose deformers using Maya’s native tools and Vetala tools is a plus.
- Experience in rigging, modeling, and animation are pluses.
All animation crew must have at least 3 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.